CD 2 (More Sugar)
1. "Brown Sugar" King Tech Remix feat. Kool G. Rap (released on 12” promotional single)
2. "Me And Those Dreamin’ Eyes Of Mine Def Squad Remix feat. Redman (Remixed by Erick Sermon for Funk Lord Productions; released on 12” single)
3. "Cruisin’" Cut The Sax Remix (Remix by King Tech; Released on 12” single)
4. "Lady" Just Tha Beat Mix/featuring AZ (Remixed by DJ Premier for Works of Mart Productions, Inc.; released on CD Maxi-Single)
5. "Brown Sugar" Soul Inside 808 Mix (Mix by DJ Dodge; released on U.K. 12” single)
6. "Me And Those Dreamin’ Eyes Of Mine" Two Way Street Mix (Remixed by DJ Premier for Works of Mart Productions, Inc.; released on promotional 12” single)
7. "Cruisin’" Dallas Austin Remix (released on 12” single)
8. "Lady" 2B3 Shake Dat Ass Mix (Remix produced by Neville Thomas and Pule Pheto for 2B3 Productions; released on U.K. CD Maxi-Single)
9. "Brown Sugar" Incognito Molasses Remix (released on “She’s Always In My Hair” promotional 12” single)
10. "Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine" Dreamy Remix (Remixed by Erick Sermon for Funk Lord Productions; released on promotional 12” single)
11. "Cruisin’" Wet Remix (released on CD single)
12. "Brown Sugar" Dollar Bag Mix (released on U.K. 12” single)
13. "Cruisin’" God Made Me Funky Remix (released on promotional 12” single)
14. "Brown Sugar" CJ Mackintosh Remix (Additional production and Remix by CJ Mackintosh; released on the various artists CD collection Nu Classic Soul)
15. "Lady" CJ Mackintosh Mix Radio Edit (Additional production and Remix by CJ Mackintosh; released on U.K. CD Maxi-Single)
16. "Cruisin'' Who's Fooling Who Mix (released on promotional 12” single)
Featuring Brian Culbertson
Featuring Will Downing
The Experience with Dedry Jones
Featuring Roberto Fonseca
D’Angelo: Brown Sugar (Deluxe Edition)
CD 1 (Remastered album with bonus tracks)
1. "Brown Sugar"
3. "Jonz In My Bonz"
4. "Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine"
5. "Sh*t, Damn, Motherf*cker"
8. "When We Get By"
11. "Brown Sugar"
12. "Me And Those Dreamin' Eyes Of Mine" A Cappella (released on promotional 12” single)
13. "Brown Sugar" Instrumental (released on 12” single)
14. "Lady" Just Tha Beat Mix Instrumental w/Chorus (Mixed by DJ Premier; released on CD Maxi-Single)
15. "Brown Sugar" Alternate Version (released on 12” single)
Music and conversation series taped in WTTW’s Grainger Studio premieres
Thursday, July 13 at 10:00 pm on WTTW11
Guests: Brian Culbertson, AVERY*Sunshine, Will Downing, and RobertoFonseca
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST
"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music." - Billy Joel
Chicago, IL – May 17, 2017 – WTTW will present the music and conversation series THE EXPERIENCE WITH DEDRY JONES, a co-production of WTTW Chicago and The Music Experience, beginning on Thursday, July 13 at 10:00 pm, with rebroadcasts the following Sundays at 12:00 am. The programs, recorded in WTTW’s Grainger Studio over the past year, will also air on WTTW Prime 11.2/Comcast 370/RCN 37 on the following Saturdays at 11:00 pm. THE EXPERIENCE WITH DEDRY JONES has been a live stage show in Chicago for 15 years; this marks the series’s television premiere.
The Experience has always been, at heart, a celebration of music. Captured live before a studio audience in the same beautiful and intimate venue as WTTW’s national music series SOUNDSTAGE, audiences will enjoy a personal conversation with a world class musician, interspersed with a live music performance backed by a full band. Each episode takes audiences on a unique and compelling journey through the artist's life, through their own words, experience, and song.
Each one-hour program is hosted by Dedry Jones, who has interviewed numerous top music artists across the genres, including Natalie Cole, Maxwell, Earth Wind and Fire, Ledisi, Chaka Khan (who stated it was the best interview of her 25-year career), and many others. When he’s not conversing with the stars, Dedry is the owner of The Music Experience, an actual brick and mortar store in Chicago where you can stop by, listen to music, relax with a magazine or just talk about the music you love (or don't love).
“When I started THE EXPERIENCE, I always envisioned it being televised,” says Dedry. “I am beyond excited that WTTW has made that happen. What a great opportunity to fulfill and share my dream of celebrating real music with people across the globe who truly love good music.”
July 13 – Brian Culbertson – Brian is an award-winning multi-instrumentalist, writer, and producer who crosses the genres of contemporary jazz, R&B, and funk.
July 20 – AVERY*Sunshine – Avery is known for her invigorating and combustible live performances, compelling and revealingly honest songwriting, and impeccable voice.
July 27 – Will Downing – Grammy-nominated Will Downing has one of the most distinctive, loved and instantly recognizable voices in R&B.
August 3 – Roberto Fonseca – Roberto Fonseca is a Grammy-nominated Afro-Cuban jazz pianist, composer, and producer. He is also featured in the new national PBS special A Weekend in Havana with Geoffrey Baer.
THE EXPERIENCE WITH DEDRY JONES is hosted by Dedry Jones, produced and edited by Barbara E. Allen, and directed by Marc Shaykin. Original theme music was composed by Felton Offard. Executive Producers are Juliette Buford and Dedry Jones.
About WTTW CHICAGO
WTTW Chicago produces and presents a wide array of engaging content for the national public media system, with series and specials on education, politics, public affairs, science, business, arts and entertainment, history, travel, how-to, and religion. In addition to its landmark music series Soundstage, other WTTW Chicago series include 10 that Changed America and other architecture specials with Geoffrey Baer including the upcoming Weekend in Havana; MEXICO — One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless, and the new animated series Nature Cat. WTTW Chicago has also served as the national presenting station for a numerous other programs across a variety of genres. For more information, please visit wttw.com/national.
Contact: Julia Maish, WTTW
email@example.com, (773) 509-5551.
Street Date Aug 25, 2017
Periodically we run into artists that we feel will be "next". Here you can discover artists that we hope and believe deserve to be the next big thing.
Hear music from artists you know and artists that you will want to know. Also check out TME 's Radio Show featuring the best of all genres of music.
The Experience... "few marketing events speak so well to the independent community's reputation for innovation."
- Ed Christman, Billboard Magazine
The place for music news (actual news; not gossip) and reviews of CDs.